Will Not Connect to Connector

I’ve successfully installed BeyondLabz to my computer, but it won’t connect to the connector no matter how many times I’ve tried. However, the icon does pop up, but it’s black and white, not colored like the videos show it to be.

@Erin_Phillips
I’m so sorry you are having a hard time.
If you see the black flask icon down on your dock you have the most up to date version- that’s good.
So what you are saying is that when you go to the website and login and click Connect, it just keeps giving you an error? If that’s the situation, you probably just need to manually start the program for the first time. Some computers require that. Are you on windows or mac? I’m going to assume windows first.
Please click on the black flask icon and select Quit.
Then open the File Explorer. Navigate to “C://Program Files (x86)/Beyond Labz Connect” then find the BeyondLabzConnect.exe and double click on that icon. This will then manually open the Connect program and you should see the flask icon appear again.
Log into Portal.BeyondLabz.com and select “Connect”. Does it Connect and move onto the next page?

It should. If not, please reach out to us on the support page and we can help you with whatever is blocking the program on your computer. https://www.beyondlabz.com/support

Thanks for helping me. How do I navigate to the program files. I’m not a technology person.
From,
Erin Phillips

Oh My Gosh!!! It worked!! Thank you so much!
From,
Erin Phillips

How do I find the activation code now?

Oh nevermind, I got it. Sorry for the constant emails.

@Erin_Phillips
I’m so glad you got it! Please let us know if you ever need anything else!

Hello, I’m having the same issue. However, no matter how many times I quit, manually open, reinstall, or restart my laptop, the connector never connects to the application.

@CJHicken
Oh I’m so sorry! Please reach out to us on the support page so we can help you get it fixed quickly. We can hop on a zoom with you. Do you have antivirus software or supervisory programs that may be blocking it?
Please reach out to us on the support page and we can help you with whatever is blocking the program on your computer. https://www.beyondlabz.com/support and click on the blue chat button and you can send us info on your problem and we’ll be right in touch and can help!