Our hosting provider has resolved its issues

Our hosting service provider had a DNS issue affecting multiple customers, including unfortunately our licence server.

We will be up and running soon. Sorry if your license code now lists that it is invalid. I will post again as soon as we get our system fixed!

Up and working again! We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if your license is not populating now.

Our server provider has crashed yet again. We are so very sorry. We will notify as soon as they fix their issues. Our apologies.

If for any reason your activation code ever gives you an error of “Invalid Date” or you get a strange Java Script error when your computer is starting to download the worksheets, please let us know!

1 Like

Hello Heather,

I downloaded the free trial and upon installation I got the error message saying

A JavaScript error occurred in the main process. Uncaught exception; undefined

Oh NO! that is not good news. We’ll look into it and see if we can fix the internet overload issues! We’ll post again when it is up and working. So sorry.

ok, our system has been up and running smoothly for an hour- so hopefully you can get it to download smoothly now @jeanpinto844. Let us know if you need more help!

Hello Heather,

I managed to install the LabClient window which then allows me to download the labs (Gen Chem, Organic, etc.) Once downloaded and complete a window pops up to Allow Access. I allow access and then another window pops up as WINDOWS INSTALLER. Back in the LabClient window I see Ready to Install waiting for me to click OK in the WINDOWS INSTALLER window. I click OK then windows installer window closes and back in the LabClient window all the labs revert back to a download option.

@jeanpinto844 Sounds like you are having a common Windows installation problem. Essentially, your system hasn’t connected the Windows MSI installer to the extension. Systems occasionally mess up where they drop the installer files, so the solution is to figure out where the installer hid and then to install from there.

I’ll include directions on how to solve this.

I’ve outlined this type of solution in thisYouTube tutorial:

1. Exit the BL client by clicking the arrow in the top right corner.

2. Search on the c:\ drive for virtualchemlaborganic.msi (deep in the C drive hidden files). Or if you need Chemistry, look for virtualchemlab.msi. Physics: virtualphysics.msi. Biology: virtualbiology.msi. Physical Science: virtualphysicalscience.msi

3. When you find it, double click the file to launch the installer.

4. Restart the client and Organic (or whichever program you installed) should say open.

If it doesn’t switch to Open, you will need to delete the beyond_labz_cc folder which you just discovered in your hard drive search. Go into your computer Settings menu and Add or Remove Programs menu and Uninstall the Beyond Labz program. Then redownload a new installer from the website and start over again.

Let us know if you have further questions!

Thank you so much!! The issue was resolved! :smiley:

Wonderful! Enjoy the lab now!

One last question. Is the distillation equipment of use? If so, how do you manage to set up the distillation. I was playing around but couldn’t manage to figure out how to do a distillation. Perhaps one of the advanced synthesis has it as an option but I wanted to set up a distillation only lab for students. Thanks.

I use Beyond Labs for an online chemistry course, and it says that I have an invalid license. What should I do?

@aspen.kimberly I’m so sorry you are having a hard time! Did you just barely download the program, or have you been using it for a while? Will you try closing the program and reopening it, to see if that resets it. Then if you are still having the same license issue, send us a message through the More Help button on this page: https://www.beyondlabz.com/support and we can dive into what is not working on your specific computer!

I have a student that has been having a similar issue (on a Mac). She’s had the program installed and licensed for a few weeks and yesterday morning could not access the program receiving the error “You do not have an active license. Click ok to close the lab.” She’s tried uninstalling and installing the program but that hasn’t resolved the issue.

@michguti On Macs most often this issue comes up because the person hasn’t put the program icon in the Applications folder. Can you make sure your student has dragged the program icon (ex: The Virtual ChemLab icon) into her Applications folder. Then she should Open the Beyond Labz program and Open the lab that she needs from there, rather than by opening the Virtual ChemLab program directly. Please let us know if there are any further issues & we’re happy to help!

Thank you for your reply. The student was able to get it working on a different computer but now she cannot save her virtual lab notebook to her hard drive. There’s no response when she clicks “save” on the window.

@michguti Now that is weird! She clicks on File> Save and it doesn’t open the window to let her save it anywhere? She could certainly try restarting the program (& her computer) to see if something just glitched somehow, but I’ve never heard of that! She could take a screenshot at least so she can save some of the evidence of her work. Feel free to have her reach out to us directly through our support page & we can hop on a video chat with her and see if we can get it working!

The window to save the lab book file opens but it won’t let her click on it to save. I told her to restart her computer and we’ll see what happens. If it doesn’t get resolved I’ll refer her to your support page.