Higher Ed Preset Lab Activities - Student Worksheets

The full list of available student worksheets, by subject and topic, can be found here:

@ludwig Is there a similar list that shows all lab (experiments)?

@YoK Hmm- not sure exactly what you are referring to. Our labs can be used to do a large range of experiments. We wrote up worksheets for some basic ideas, but we hope instructors will invent their own worksheets & activities and will feel free to explore what they can do in the lab that works for their students.
Or were you asking about all lab activities that we have for high school also, in addition to higher education activities?

I wasn’t sure whether there are pre-set experiments with instructions etc. Which it sounds like there are not. Essentially an instructor would create their own experiment based on what equipment and chemicals are available in the simulation?

image001.jpg

@YoK Well all of our worksheets in that list that you found all have step by step instructions, so hopefully those will be useful. Many professors just use our worksheets as a quick fill-in for lab activities, but yes since the program is so open-ended, you can create experiments however you’d like!
When you download the program you can access all of hundreds of worksheets from within our Beyond Labz client. Any further questions?

For some reason I couldn’t get the labs to download, but the worksheets did. So, I’ll look at them again.

Does the system integrate with Canvas at all?

Do you know whether the existing materials are ADA compliant?

Thanks!

image001.jpg

@YoK Oh let’s make sure you can get the labs to download! That’s the best part! I have several troubleshooting videos that could help on our Support page. Let me know if you need any further help.
https://www.beyondlabz.com/support
Our program is locally installed on computers, so it isn’t a website that can integrate in Canvas. But many professors choose the worksheets they want students to use and post the Word versions of those worksheets in their Canvas classes so students can edit them and submit them back onto Canvas for grading. Students also can submit their saved Lab Book files on Canvas.
The labs are ADA compliant. You do need to be able to use a mouse or trackpad to manipulate the program.

@YoK Here is a link for our VPAT:
https://beyondlabz.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/63000058948

Hi Heather,

The troubleshooting video helped. Thanks.

Now I’m getting a message that says that I don’t have an active license though. I think maybe it is because I’ve been trying for 2+ days to get the labs to download my 2 days have run out.

Any ideas on how I can access the labs now?

Thanks

image001.jpg