Density Lab Updates

We have released an updated version of the Density lab and encourage all Physics & Physical Science users to update to this version.

• To update on Windows:
    Quit Beyond Labz Connect with the flask icon in the bottom dock (by your battery & wifi symbols). Open C:\Program Files and delete the Virtual PhysicsWin (or Virtual PhysicalScienceWin) folder. Load or refresh the portal.beyondlabz.com 4 website, login, click Connect and click Install for Physics (or Physical Science). The new version will be installed.
  • To update on Mac:
    Quit Beyond Labz Connect with the flask icon in the top bar (by your battery & wifi symbols). Open the Applications folder and delete the Virtual Physics (or Virtual Physical Science) icon. Load or refresh the portal.beyondlabz.com 4 website, login, click Connect and click Install for Physics. The new version will be installed.

These are the updates in the newest versions of the labs:
Dec 22, 2020

The masses and sizes of the solids in Density only reset when a new solid is chosen from the wall, not when it is moved between locations.

There is also a very small fix in the Calorimetry lab that corrects the rate at which ice melts in a beaker. This is corrected in Calorimetry in Virtual ChemLab, Virtual Physics and Virtual Physical Science.

I am unable to follow the instructions for updating the Density Lab. Nothing happens when I click on the flask icon in the top bar. (I am on a Mac) Where is the Applications folder that I need to open in order to delete the Virtual Physics icon?

Thank you.

@cheminstr
I’m sorry that’s confusing!
When you click on your flask icon on the top bar, are you not given the option to Quit?
You can open the Applications folder by clicking on your trash can and then selecting Applications from the list of folder options on the left hand side. There are lots of ways to open Applications, but this is the way I always use.
If that doesn’t help, we’re happy to hop on a video call with you. Just email us @ support@beyondlabz.com and we’re happy to set up a zoom call with you.

Nothing happens when I click on the flask icon on the top bar. I logged out. I did find the Virtual physics icon in my Applications folder and I deleted.it. I then reopened the portal, logged in, but there was no option for Install on the Virtual Physics : it appears as already installed and I can only click on Open (and nothing happens) How do I refresh the site so that I can install the new Virtual Physics lab?

We solved this on zoom. For those who are having the same issues, this is the icon I was trying to describe:
attachment