Calorimetry lab - heat button will not start

I am working in the calorimetry lab to see if students can design their own lab to look at boiling point elevation but when I add the salt to the calorimeter, the heat button is no longer active. When I just boil water it works fine but as soon as I add salt, it no longer allows me to heat. Any ideas?

@cmohoruk
I believe you just have to wait a while usually. Make sure you have your stirrer on and then let it stir for a while. Now can you turn the heat on? I’ll check it out myself.

@cmohoruk
Yes I just checked it out. I added my salt and I couldn’t turn the heat on immediately, but i just advanced time a bit, until it had dissolved and then I could turn the heat on.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Excellent thanks - there are so many neat aspects included behind the scenes in this program that it is quickly on the way to being a really useful tool for a regular or virtual class.

@cmohoruk
Oh I’m so glad you are enjoying it! Please feel free to reach out at any time with more questions.
You should join the instructor’s lounge group so you can have access to more of the activities that other professors are posting and feel free to share your own ideas there too!
To apply to be added to the group, this video shows how to do that: