Activation code issue

Hi,
I downloaded the Beyond Labz software and purchased the access code from the campus bookstore. When I enter the activation code it doesn’t submit it and the expiration date didn’t change. I contacted the bookstore and said they can’t help me and to contact Beyond Labz. Could you help me figure out and solve the problem, please?
Thank you

@Asmaa
Yes, happy to help! Can you please email support@beyondlabz.com with a screenshot of your License tab from Beyond Labz, with the activation code you are attempting to use in the activation code box? We’ll check out your code to make sure there aren’t any issues.
Is the expiration date in 2021?
Did you try to use the code on another computer perhaps?

Hi Heather,

Thank you for responding. I sent an email to the email address you provided and an automated email was sent saying “the group I tried to contact doesn’t exist or I may not have permission to post messages to the group.”

No, the expiration isn’t in 2021 it says in 8/25/2020. It is supposed to change after I enter the activation code but it isn’t.
No, I didn’t try to use the code on another computer also.
Is there another way I can send the screenshot and the access code to beyond Labz or to you, because the email you provided isn’t working?

Thank you

@Asmaa
Oh gosh- thanks for notifying me. We’ll fix that. Use this email: support@beyondlabz.freshdesk.com

I just sent it. Thank you

Im having the same issue. Would I be able to send an email to the same address with a screenshot containing my activation code?

@madii.whitney
I responded to your message from our Support page. Your code had gone through- you can tell because the expiration date is a year in the future.
Please let us know if you have any further issues!